Wednesday 3 November 2010

Echoes

Waking up to the ringing bells, trying to hold on to those fading hands;
Catching myself short of breath, finding myself in some distant land;
Tired of staring at the horizon, wondering if these walls would ever break;
Strolling across the yellow fields, imagining how things once were;
Running around in circles, laughing till we hit the ground;
Incognizant of the ominous winds; we once shone like the amber;

Dropping dead on bruised knees, trying to hold on to those fading hands;
Still chasing the vivid butterflies, this is the fleeting glance of my life;
Gazing from the corner of eyes; reminiscing through the wounds that never heal;
Picking each memory that lay scattered somewhere in my mind;
Deluding myself with vain hopes and wishes; hoping to find the missing pieces in the rubble;
 To go back in time;

Spaces, empty spaces, where children once cried;
Left with just a black hole to fill the void;
Wishing if I had left the crowd and stayed behind;
Echoes that still come back to haunt, illusions that make me blind;
Apprehending the creeping time;

Home, once stood there my home.

1 Comments:

At 18 November 2010 at 07:01 , Blogger Manic Junkie said...

I love it! It's so depressing, tho :( But beautiful. The poignancy is heart-breaking. I might've wanted to tweak it a bit, but it's beautiful all the same.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home